APPLICATION DUE APRIL 15, 2016
We are pleased to invite independent curators and arts professionals to submit exhibition proposals to be considered for the 2017 Cuchifritos Gallery + Project Space exhibition schedule.
Reviewed by the Artists Alliance Inc. Curatorial Advisory Committee–comprised of representatives from the local contemporary arts community–proposals will be selected based on conceptual vigor and artistic quality. Consideration will also be given to the individual/group’s ability to meet the artistic mission of Artists Alliance Inc and Cuchifritos Gallery. Successful applicants will articulate a particular need to exhibit within Cuchifritos Gallery and the surrounding community.
When submitting proposals, please carefully review and follow the submission guidelines outlined below.
Please note, you do not have to be a professionally trained curator to submit a proposal as submissions will be judged on merit;however previous exhibition experience will be weighed as an important factor in the selection process. We strongly encourage one, two, and three artist exhibitions, given the smaller scale of the gallery space. Artists who are acting in the curatorial role for the proposed exhibition may not submit a proposal that includes his/her own work.
– Quality of the proposed exhibition [preference will be given to new and site-specific work]
– Need to exhibit in Cuchifritos Gallery + Project Space [based on Project Proposal]
– Project feasibility [based on Project Proposal]
– Artistic merit and professional record [based on artist(s) and curator(s) bios, CV, and work samples]
All artists and curators are eligible – regardless of age, gender, or nationality – EXCEPT:
– Those artists and curators who are currently enrolled in a college or university program
– Those who currently own a New York City-based gallery or have New York City gallery representation
– Cuchifritos Gallery Floorplan: Click here to download a floor plan of the gallery
– Stipends: We offer modest stipends for curators and participating artists, dependent upon funding resources.
– Exhibition Information: Duration of exhibits run for 4-6 weeks and are typically scheduled 12-18 months in advance.
– Gallery Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 12 to 6pm (Cuchifritos is open by appointment and closed on all major holidays)
Application is open to US and non-US residents